“You are all together beautiful, my darling, and there is no blemish in you.” Song of Songs 4:7
Kerry and I just would like to propose a fun start to the Spring of 2019 to strengthen your marriages. If you are reading this and feel that your marriage is already strong and these suggestions are not needed, then you are exactly who should be reading this. We all can strive to strengthen and grow our marriages each and every day. So, share this with your spouse today and enjoy Spring this year!
So here is our list, not in any particular order…
1. Have more INTIMACY together: Emotionally, Physically and Spiritually
2. Don’t keep secrets from each other. COMMUNICATE about everything.
3. Argue less. Cuddle more.
4. Don’t get deep in debt and if you’re already there, work together to get out of it!
5. Pray together, make your FAITH in CHRIST a foundation for your life together.
6. Turn off your phones. Talking with each other is better than texting with someone else!
7. Pull the car over and make out more often.
8. Leave LOVE NOTES for each other.
9. Send flowers on unexpected days, not just holidays.
10. Don’t ignore problems in your relationship. Deal with them quickly and aggressively.
11. Be quick to remember each other’s positive traits and quick to forget each other’s flaws.
12. Don’t hold grudges. Forgive and seek FORGIVENESS when you’ve wronged each other.
13. Don’t waste time or energy comparing your lives to anyone else’s. God’s plan for you is masterfully unique.
14. Go on long walks and HOLD HANDS.
15. Make “DATE NIGHT” a priority! Time alone together is vital for your continued growth and health.
16. Give COMPLIMENTS constantly, and never give insults.
17. When you’re happy, laugh together. When you’re sad, cry together. Whatever you do, do it together!
18. Husbands, demonstrate CHRIST CENTERED LOVE to your wife even in those moments when you don’t feel like it.
19. Keep dreaming new dreams and making big plans together. Don’t get stuck in a predictable rut.
20. ENCOURAGE each other. Build each other up so much that nothing in the world can tear you down.
21. NEVER say Never in any trials, instead FOLLOW JESUS FIRST then allow Him to guide your heart!
Joe & Kerry Vivian