This week Kerry and I are in Ruidoso, NM. We rented a cabin for a few days during Kerry’s Spring Break. It’s a romantic cabin in the woods, fully equipped with a private deck, a fireplace, a kitchen and a king sized bed. Yup, it’s just the two of us for the week. Time for both of us to reconnect, spend time with each other, and grow intimately: emotionally, physically and spiritually.
Yes, this is an investment in time and money; however, it is the right kind of investment each husband and wife should be making in their marriages. You each should be ALWAYS dating your spouse throughout your marriage. Never stop flirting, never stop romancing, never stop dating!
Kerry and I try to go out on a date at least once a week. We also will try to get a hotel room for a night at least once every 3-4 months and at least once a year, get away, just the two of us, on a vacation of sorts and without distractions, reconnect with one another.
How about you? Do you take time to “Date” your spouse? It doesn’t need to be expensive or stressful, it just needs to be a time that you will spend time together and make great memories.
Here are some “Investment” Date Night Ideas. Next Wednesday, we’ll share some easy, inexpensive ideas.
- Dine together at the restaurant in your city or town that you believe has the most romantic view.
- Rent out a hotel room or B&B that has a private hot tub for you two to share.
- Take a cooking class together
- Buy body paints and a large sheet of paper. Make art with each other’s bodies and frame and/or mount the final product.
- Go horseback riding or take an overnight horseback camping adventure.
- Dessert Tour: Share taster sized desserts in three different restaurants. End with a decadent chocolatier.
Have fun, make memories, but most of all learn something new about your spouse and with that, grow ever closer to one another!