Lately, Kerry and I have been counseling many couples who are seeking to either restore their marriage or strengthen it. One question that I have been getting from husbands is this, “How do I keep my wife? I feel like I am losing her.” Too often I see the husbands begin to be complacent and lazy in their pursuit of romance with thier wives. I have even heard of recently, “Why should I date my wife? I married her, isn’t that enough?”
Husbands, let me share a warning with you right now…if you do not fulfill that God given role as Servant/Leader towards your wife…someone else or something else will. So I will share with you T10 points to apply so as to show your wife you love her and you intend to keep her forever!
1. Never stop courting her.
2. Never stop treating her like your queen.
3. Never stop getting out of your way to make her happy.
4. Never stop surprising her with thoughtful gift and kind deeds.
5. Never stop cherishing her and placing her above everyone except God.
6. Never stop showering her with compliments and encouragements.
7. Never stop thanking her for everything she does for you and the family.
8. Never stop telling her how much you love her and how beautiful she is.
9. Hold her hand, look her in the eyes and tell her “There are many virtuous and capable women in the world, but you surpass them all!” Proverbs 31:29.
10. Never stop praying for her.