Many of you know that not only do I love to eat, I also love to cook. As busy as our family schedule is, I have embraced what I consider one of the most vital cooking appliances we own. It has saved us time and allows us to come home to a meal all ready to enjoy.
Yup, it’s the Crock Pot. What an amazing invention and one that all families should own. I will also share with you another vital component one should use while cooking with their Crock Pot, the Crock Pot Liners. You just use them to line your Crock Pot and then after all is cooked and consumed…lift it straight out and throw it away. Your “always reliable” cooking appliance is ready for the next meal.
Ok, enough bragging on that, I wanted to share with you a recipe from an amazing web site filled with slow cooker recipes…
Here is the recipe for Crock Pot EASY Baked Potato Soup:
20 potatoes, red, cut into cubes
1/4 c. and 2 T. flour, all-purpose
1 1/2 c. bacon, real bits
2 onions, small red, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 c. chicken bouillon granules
2 T. ranch dressing mix
1 T. and 1 tsp. parsley, dried
2 tsp. seasoned salt
1 tsp. pepper, black, ground
6 c. water
2 c. half-and-half
1 c. cheese, Cheddar, shredded, or to taste
1/2 c. green onions, chopped, or to taste
1. Place potatoes in the bottom of your crock pot (lined with your crock pot liner).
2. Sprinkle flour over the potatoes, tossing potatoes to coat.
3. Sprinkle bacon bits, red onion, garlic, chicken bouillon, ranch dressing mix, parsley, seasoned salt, and black pepper over the coated potatoes.
4. Pour water into the crock pot.
5. Cover. Cook on Low 7 to 9 hours.
6. Pour half-and-half into the soup; cook another 15 minutes to warm through.
Garnish with Cheddar cheese, bacon bits, dollop of sour cream, and green onion to serve!
Enjoy and here is the link to many more fantastic, time-saving family recipe: Get Crocked
So do you have any great links for family meals? Please share…